Seasoned Chicken Tray Bake with Corn Slaw
Save time and ingredients with our Seasoned Coating Mix to create this delicious, full-of-flavour one-pot wonder – accompanied by a fresh and tasty slaw!
INGREDIENTS & EQUIPMENT
1.9kg Ingham’s whole chicken
250ml (1 cup) milk
75g sachet Ingham’s Chicken Seasoned Coating Mix
800g washed potatoes, cut into 2cm-thick wedges
Salt and pepper, to taste
Lime cheeks, to serve
Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
2 corn cobs, husks removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
1 large carrot, peeled, finely shredded
2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
¼ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
½ cup whole egg mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon lime juice
in a few simple steps
1. Preheat oven to 200C (fan-forced). Grease and line a large oven tray with baking paper.
2. Cut whole chicken into eight pieces.Watch Manu’s Tips and Tricks video on How to portion a chicken.
3. Whisk milk and egg in a large bowl to combine. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat. Drain on a wire rack. In three batches, combine chicken and seasoned coating mix in a snap-lock bag and shake to coat evenly.
4. Arrange potatoes on prepared tray. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with chicken pieces, reserving breast fillets. Generously spray with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes. Add breast fillets to tray and roast for a further 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
5. Meanwhile, to make slaw, brush corn with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a barbecue grill plate over high heat. Cook corn, turning occasionally, for about 8 to 10 minutes, until charred. Remove and cool slightly. Cut kernels from cobs.
6. To make dressing, place all ingredients in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Add corn, cabbage, carrot, onion and coriander. Toss to combine.
7. Serve chicken and potatoes with slaw and lime cheeks. Garnish with coriander leaves.