As part of Ingham’s continuing investment in sustainably growing our network, we opened a new temperature‑controlled distribution centre in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia in April 2023.
This new facility follows the opening of a similarly sustainably designed facility in Truganina, Victoria in August 2022, with a third under construction in Hazelmere, Western Australia and due to open in 2024.
For this new facility, we are targeting a 5 Star Green Star Design and As Built standard from the Green Building Council Australia, with features including:
- One megawatt of solar panels on the rooftop, which will power 30% of our energy consumption
- An underground Eco Aid system to capture and filter groundwater before releasing it to the stormwater system
- On‑site rainwater storage and water recycling for toilet flushing, refrigeration and irrigation
- Energy efficient low charge ammonia systems
- Electric car charging stations, and
- Construction processes to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, including the use of sustainable material, where possible.
Built adjacent to our existing further processing plant, the new distribution centre reduces our transport footprint to ensure the freshest and highest quality stock is supplied to our customers. The new centre also features 30% more storage capacity compared to the prior facility, further expanding South Australia’s role as a major distribution hub.