It’s 5pm, and the race to get home and get dinner on the table is on! School’s out, afternoon activities done, work pushed aside for the moment, and everyone is starting to feel hangry.
The weekday rush is just so busy and crazy, we all need quick and easy meal ideas to get Dinner Done in a simple and delicious way!
Chicken Munchies are a golden ticket to pleasing the whole crowd. Perfect as a protein-packed snack to enjoy any time of the day, or plate them up in style in a dinner recipe compilation from celebrity chef Manu Feildel!
And shhhh, Manu has shared his top tip to make sure your Chicken Munchies are cooked perfectly, everytime! “Always cook Chicken Munchies and Chicken Nuggets from frozen, and for best crunch, make sure there is space around each chicken bite to allow them to crisp evenly.”
Manu’s Chicken Munchies Pita Pockets recipe pairs golden, crisp chicken bites with pita bread, mayonnaise, avocado, shredded carrot, tomato, lettuce, and sweet chilli, with a dash of lime to create a straightforward yet sumptuous dinner dish.
Check out the recipe tutorial with Manu here:
- ½ x 1kg bag frozen Ingham’s Original Chicken Munchies
- 2 avocados
- 2 green spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thinly shredded
- 200g punnet solanato tomotes, sliced
- 420g packet pita pockets, heated
- Whole egg mayonnaise and lime wedges, to serve
- Cook Chicken Munchies according to directions on packet
- Meanwhile, coarsely mash avocados. Place in a bowl with chopped spring onions and lime juice, season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Combine sweet-chilli sauce and oil in a large bowl, add lettuce, carrot and tomatoes, toss to coat.
- To serve, spread inside pita pockets with avocado mixture and mayonnaise. Fill with salad and chicken munchies. Serve with lime wedges.
Download the recipe card for Manu’s Chicken Munchies here: https://inghams.com.au/recipe/chicken-munchies-pita-pockets/
To help YOU get dinner on the table we’ve launched a cook-snap-win Dinner Done competition – giving away eight $500 grocery vouchers from September to December 2023. Learn more about the competition here: https://inghams.com.au/inghams-dinner-done-cook-and-snap-competition/
And to make it even easier to get Dinner Done, you can download our FREE recipe e-book, “10 Easy Dinner Done Recipes the family will love”, click here!