Chicken Munchies Pita Pockets
Indulge in the delectable flavours of our Chicken Munchies Pita Pockets—a delightful twist on a classic favourite. These pockets of goodness feature bite-sized chicken munchies nestled within warm, fluffy pita bread, creating a portable and flavour-packed snack or light meal. Get ready to elevate your taste buds with this convenient and mouthwatering creation.
INGREDIENTS & EQUIPMENT
* 1⁄2 x 1kg bag frozen Ingham’s Original Chicken Munchies
* 2 avocados
* 2 green spring onions, finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon lime juice
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
* 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
* 1⁄2 iceberg lettuce, shredded
* 1 large carrot, peeled, thinly shredded
* 200g punnet solanato tomatoes, sliced
* 420g packet pita pockets, heated (See Tip)
* Whole-egg mayonnaise and lime wedges, to serve
in a few simple steps
1. Preheat the oven to 200C (fan-forced).
2. Cook Original Chicken Munchies according to oven directions on packet.
3. Meanwhile, coarsely mash avocados. Place in a bowl with onion and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Combine sweet chilli sauce and oil in a large bowl. Add lettuce, carrot and tomatoes. Toss to coat.
5. To serve, spread inside of pita pockets with avocado mixture and mayonnaise. Fill with salad and chicken munchies. Serve with lime wedges.