We LOVE tray bakes. Preheat the oven, pop the bake ingredients into a single pan, place in the oven and set the timer. Tray bakes are just so simple and an excellent option for entertaining – easy to prep ahead of time and then all you need to do is set and forget (as long as you have that timer on!).
Plating is a dream too – grab some heat mats and put the whole tray in the centre of the table. Add a couple of sides, and you have a delicious meal that will impress your crew but was straightforward to create!
Celebrity chef Manu Feildel is a fan of tray bakes too, why? Because “tray bakes are so quick and easy, plus one pan equals less washing up!”
Manu has created two mouthwatering tray bake recipes to tantalise your tastebuds:
1. Sweet Chilli Chicken Tenderloins Tray Bake
This tray bake is made with Sweet Chilli Chicken Tenderloins that have the perfect amount of mild spice, combined with sweet potato, red capsicum, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, red onion and feta, to make it a vege-full and protein-packed crowd-pleaser.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2cm rounds
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 2 zucchinis, coarsely chopped
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 x 350g boxes frozen Ingham’s Free Range Sweet Chicken Tenders
- 100g soft feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with lemon wedges and dressed salad leaves
METHOD: How to cook in a few simple steps
- Preheat oven to 200C (fan-forced)
- Season roasting tray, place sweet potato rounds, onion wedges, and chopped capsicum in pan. Drizzle with half the oil, season with salt and pepper, toss to coat. Cook on lower shelf of oven for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped zucchini, drizzle remaining oil and cook for a further 20 minutes. Scatter with tomatoes, cook a further 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, place Sweet Chilli Chicken Tenders on a separate oven tray lined with baking paper. Cook on upper shelf of same oven for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway, or until golden and crisp.
- To serve, arrange tenders over vegetables, sprinkle with feta and place lemon wedges.
Download the recipe card for Manu’s Sweet Chilli Tenders Tray Bake here.
2. Seasoned Chicken Tray Bake with Corn Slaw recipe
Save time with our Seasoned Coating Mix to create this delicious, full-of-flavour one-pot wonder – accompanied by a fresh and tasty slaw!
Watch the video tutorial with Manu here:
Chicken Tray Bake
- 1.9kg Ingham’s whole chicken
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 1 egg
- 75g sachet Ingham’s Chicken Seasoned Coating Mix
- 800g washed potatoes, cut into 2cm-thick wedges
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lime cheeks, to serve
- 2 corn cobs, husk removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely shredded
- 2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- Dressing: 1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise; 2 tablespoons sour cream; 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard; 1 tablespoon lime juice.
METHOD: How to cook in a few simple steps
- Preheat oven to 200C (fan-forced). Grease and line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Cut whole chicken into eight pieces. Watch Manu’s Tips and Tricks video on How to portion a chicken.
- Whisk milk and egg in a large bowl to combine. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat. Drain on a wire rack. In three batches, combine chicken and seasoned coating mix in a snap-lock bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Arrange potatoes on prepared tray. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with chicken pieces, reserving breast fillets. Generously spray with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes. Add breast fillets to tray and roast for a further 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- To make slaw, brush corn with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a barbecue grill plate or frypan over high heat to cook corn, turning occasionally, for about 8 to 10 minutes, until charred. Remove and cool slightly. Cut kernels from cobs. Add corn, cabbage, carrot, onion and coriander in a salad bowl. Toss to combine. To make dressing, place all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine – wait to dress your slaw until just before serving to prevent it going soggy.
- Serve chicken and potatoes with slaw and lime cheeks. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Download the recipe card for Manu’s Seasoned Chicken Tray Bake with Slaw here.
To help YOU get dinner on the table we’ve launched a cook-snap-win Dinner Done competition – giving away eight $500 grocery vouchers from September to December 2023. Learn more about the competition here: https://inghams.com.au/inghams-dinner-done-cook-and-snap-competition/
And to make it even easier to get Dinner Done, you can download our FREE recipe e-book, “10 Easy Dinner Done Recipes the family will love”, click here!