Plant Engineering Manager
Purpose of this role
As the Plant Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the direct management of all planned and non-planned maintenance activities of our state of the art further processing facility. You will work with your team to develop a robust maintenance plan that reduces reactive maintenance and improve unplanned downtime. Partnering closely with the site’s leadership, you will play a key role in the management of a site that has experienced substantial growth over the last 12 months.
- Implement safety and quality assurance practices into all repairs and maintenance activities and manage corrective actions
- Drive Ingham’s way asset management standards through implantation of robust maintenance standards
- Manage planned maintenance to reduce downtime through the use of maintenance plans and robust performance measurement tools
- Manage and monitor the site engineering and capital budget including forecasting capital and providing business cases for out of scope spend
- Establish, communicate and monitor safety standards and lead corrective action in areas of risk
- Leads others through coaching, delegation and recognition
- Manages functional area accountability and delivery of functional results and standards
- Implements strategies to identify people issues, reduce staff turnover and ensure labourcost base is the most productive, efficient and cost competitive for the industry
- Design and establish procedures, processes and systems to ensure the highest standards for animal welfare, food safety and quality
- Experience in successfully leading a large engineering and maintenance team, with passion for coaching and developing
- Exposure to site services in ammonia refrigeration, compressed air, advanced waste water and trade waste treatment
- Demonstrated implementation in any of the following, TPM, LEAN/Six Sigma and CMMS
- Proven ability to develop and implement successful maintenance practices and performance
- Comfortable working in an environment of change with a focus on employee engagement and performance management
- Working knowledge of best practice maintenance management & systems
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships and influence senior stakeholders internal and external to the organisation
- Proven ability to develop and execute short and long term strategies while upholding high standards for self and others
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Prosper, grow and develop with us!
There’s plenty of opportunities for personal growth and to develop professional skills. As flexible team players, we are constantly adapting to change and innovating to lead positive change in our expanding industry. You’ll enjoy a range of other benefits including staff discounts on products and regular social and sporting activities.
Submit an application for this role
You have successfully submitted your application.
If your submission is successful we will be in touch with you shortly!Back to jobs