Operations Manager | Somerville
Purpose of the role
As a Farming Operations Managers you are responsible for continuous improvement in Breeder, Hatchery, Broiler and Catching performance. You will ensure the farming operation in your state is efficient and runs to budget. You will ensure your state operates with a reliable, cost effective and sustainable supply of day old chicks, Breeder flock and continuous improvement in grower performance.
What we can offer
At Ingham’s we believe that work is more than a job; that’s why we promote an inclusive culture, competitive pay, discounts and benefits and paid parental leave.
We support career development to enable you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coach the team to ensure a clear understanding of the requirements relating to Animal Welfare, Food Safety and Quality
- Inspire others with a compelling safety vision and demonstrate your commitment to reduce risks by motivating and encouraging your team
- Continuous improvement in breeder and grower performance and efficiency, building capability to support growth across the state
- Coach and develop the farming team to ensure they have the capability to meet the performance goals
- Ensure labour cost base is the most productive, efficient and cost competitive for the industry
- Manage, monitor and keep within budget, seeking approval for out of scope spend
- Comply with all company policies and standard operating procedures Shared Accountabilities
- Partner with Operational Excellence and Technical Services to ensure that relevant policies and procedures are clearly defined, communicated and effective
- Implement the continuous improvement initiatives developed by Operations Excellence
- Understand customer requirements to ensure they are communicated to the farming team and operations
- Lead projects and complete projects on time and within framework and to budget
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Experience leading a multi farming supply chain
- Strong understanding of poultry welfare
- Proven ability to develop, communicate and implement farming plans to budgets and service delivery
- Strong analytical skills with effective P&L and budget management skills
- Experience providing and analysing operational reports
- Experience monitoring compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Strong people leadership and engagement skills with the ability to build a collaborative working environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate cross functionally to build strong relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Knowledge of relevant farming and poultry legislative and compliance requirements
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic business environment
- Resilient and able to recover from setbacks
- Degree Qualified in Agriculture, Manufacturing, Economics or similar discipline
- 10 years’ experience of working in the agriculture industry
Prosper, grow and develop with us!
There’s plenty of opportunities for personal growth and to develop professional skills. As flexible team players, we are constantly adapting to change and innovating to lead positive change in our expanding industry.
Due to quarantine restrictions, we cannot accept applications from the following:
- If you regularly come into contact with pigs or birds
- If have anyone living in the same residence as you, work in other poultry or pig operations
Submit an application for this role
You have successfully submitted your application.
If your submission is successful we will be in touch with you shortly!Back to jobs