We’ve been proudly bringing joy to tables and smiles to faces with the delicious food we’ve been crafting for over 100 years.
A large part of our strong growth and success is because we’re always looking for new ways to do things and thinking about how we can create a better, more sustainable future world together.
Our success as an industry leader in providing deliciously good food means we can continue to invest in our future as we work towards becoming Australia and New Zealand’s first choice for poultry.
Your opportunity to join our team
Based at our “World Class” Further Processing plant at Edinburgh Parks, the role of the Maintenance Weekend Supervisor is to support the team of plant professionals specialising in industry-specific equipment through mechanical and electrical maintenance.
Operating and supported by qualified technicians, your team will provide an essential service to provide preventative maintenance to ensure our production team meets its targets while leading and setting high job quality standards. Health, safety, and the environment are really important to us, you will be challenged and no two days are ever the same in this role!
- Onsite Parking
- Great employee benefits including product discounts, travel discounts + and more!
- Great job security with an ASX-listed and stable company
- The health, safety and wellbeing of our people is our highest priority
- Fast-paced and team-focused environment
- Lead weekend shift maintenance team (Mechanical and Electrical) to ensure necessary corrective and preventative maintenance works are executed as planned, in order to drive reliability across the plant.
- Managing the team on duty, for activities conducted and OH&S
- Work with the Site Maintenance Leadership team to identify maintenance improvement initiatives, and to facilitate the transfer of information and works required with the other maintenance shifts.
- Attending to repairs and breakdowns of production machinery in a timely manner.
- Working with site planner to schedule jobs, ensuring that they are planned with correct parts and resources.
- Scoping out works and repairs for future weeks.
- Assisting in developing and introducing maintenance programs to support all internal stakeholders.
- Ensure the execution of safety standards and quality assurance practices into all repairs and maintenance activities.
- Identifying and escalating Animal Welfare, Food Safety & Quality issues, hazards and risks.
You will bring to this role
- Trade Certificate in either Electrical or Mechanical (Essential) – working understanding of the alternative field required.
- Although this role requires to manage the weekend activities of the Electrical and Mechanical maintenance team you will also be required to participate and be hands-on.
- Good Computer skills and ability to work with a CMMS (Maximo would be an advantage).
- Ability to coach and develop others, monitor and measure performance and provide direct feedback.
- Industrial experience in installations, fault finding – root cause analysis, repairs and maintenance on manufacturing equipment.PLC Programming and fault-finding experience highly regarded.
- Experience with CMMS (Maximo) would be an advantage.
- Sound interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships, communicate and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders.
- Have an positive attitude with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to identify and introduce improvements in maintenance practices and plant performance.
- Self-driven and motivated with sound technical engineering skills and the ability to practically implement theoretical initiatives and ideas.
- Proven skills in the areas of attention to detail, information processing and problem solving with the ability to multitask.
- Lead by example. Coach and develop others, monitor and measure performance and provide direct feedback.
- Although this role requires to manage the day to day activities of the Electrical and Mechanical maintenance team you will also be required to participate in the shift and be hands on.
- Past experience managing a maintenance team
- Mechanical and Electrical experience and of industrial equipment.
- Continuous production equipment in a F&B plant – meat processing equipment, large volume fryers, ovens, freezers and automated packaging machines
- Plant Services – Refrigeration, Boilers, Air compressors, Gas
We’re looking for people who are curious, caring, courageous and committed to join us. People who want to contribute their best work every single day and continue delivering delicious food that’s… Always Good.