Maintenance Fitter - Afternoon Shift
Wiri, North Island
Ingham’s proudly employs approximately 1200 people in all aspects of poultry production across New Zealand. We are a fully integrated farming, primary and further processing poultry production business focused on quality and safety. At Ingham’s we are continually striving for business excellence and innovative growth initiatives whilst maintaining the traditional Ingham’s values.
As a Maintenance Fitter, your role will be involved in the service, repair and preventative maintenance of plant equipment in order for production to continue without breakdowns occurring. This role is crucial in ensuring that production standards are met through the maintenance of our manufacturing equipment and with many moving parts this role will keep anyone on their feet. This role will be an afternoon shift from 2:30pm until 11:00pm. Other responsibilities include;
- Preventative Maintenance to ensure reliability of the processing plant
- Responding immediately to machinery breakdowns within the plant and implementing repair actions.
- Investigating and repairing faults within the equipment production line to prevent breakdowns and increase production.
- Liaising with the production team to ensure machinery is fixed in a timely manner and to also planning maintenance in accordance with production requirements.
- Carrying out scheduled overhauls.
- Recalibrating instruments, oiling, cleaning and maintaining site equipment.
To be successful in this role:
- Engineering trade or qualification is essential.
- Previous mechanical experience within a similar industry is preferable.
- Clear understanding of mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and having excellent problem solving skills.
- You will be reliable and punctual.
This role is a busy but rewarding one, so having excellent attention to detail and time management will be essential.
- You will be a part of a well-recognised Australasian company moving from strength to strength.
- You will be joining a motivated and driven team.
- You will receive staff discount on product ranges produced by Ingham’s.
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your application and include a copy of your CV.
Submit an application for this role
You have successfully submitted your application.
If your submission is successful we will be in touch with you shortly!Back to jobs