Matamata, North Island
Ingham’s proudly employs approximately 1200 people in all aspects of poultry production across New Zealand. We are a fully integrated farming, primary and further processing poultry production business focused on quality and safety. At Ingham’s we are continually striving for business excellence and innovative growth initiatives whilst maintaining the traditional Ingham’s values.
As a Dual Trade Fitter situated at our Hatchery site, your role will be responsible for ensuring all hatchery equipment is maintained in an efficient and safe manner. Your role will also include monitoring setters and hatchers, planning maintenance programs and ensuring the overall effectiveness of equipment on site. This role is a key player in the overall function of the hatchery site and requires someone who can actively support and be involved in operations. Other responsibilities include;
- Preparing capital expenditure requests in conjunction with the Hatchery Manager.
- General Machine maintenance including calibration, fan speeds, heaters etc
- Completing checks including element voltage checks, hatcher/setter checks, trolley checks and air pressure checks.
- Completing problem solving and diagnostics on machinery
- Assisting the wider farming team on maintenance projects
To be successful in this role:
- You will be an industrial electrician with mechanical experience.
- The level 4 national certificates in electrical and mechanical engineering would be preferable.
- Experience in an industrial environment is essential.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and having excellent problem solving skills.
- You will be self-driven with the ability to work autonomously.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- You will be reliable and punctual.
This role is a busy but rewarding one, so having excellent attention to detail and time management skills will be essential.
- You will receive extensive training and will be a part of a well-recognised Australasian company moving from strength to strength.
- This role may include company provided housing.
- You will be joining a motivated and driven team.
- You will receive staff discount on product ranges produced by Ingham’s
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your application and include a copy of your CV.
Submit an application for this role
You have successfully submitted your application.
If your submission is successful we will be in touch with you shortly!Back to jobs