We’ve been proudly bringing joy to tables and smiles to faces with the delicious food we’ve been crafting for over 100 years.
A large part of our strong growth and success is because we’re always looking for new ways to do things and thinking about how we can create a better, more sustainable future world together.
Our success as an industry leader in providing deliciously good food means we can continue to invest in our future as we work towards becoming Australia and New Zealand’s first choice for poultry.
Your opportunity to join our team
As one of our Leading Hands, you will experience a close-knit culture where your colleagues are supportive and will readily share their knowledge and experience with you. With autonomy and accountability, you will be responsible for the running of the farm under the leadership of the farm manager over a 7-day roster.
- Immediate start
- Onsite Parking
- Great employee benefits including product discounts, travel discounts + more!
- Great job security with an ASX listed and stable company
- The health, safety and wellbeing of our people is our highest priority
- Fast paced and team focused environment
- Ensure all livestock is treated humanely, and in compliance with Ingham’s Minimum Standard Procedures
- Coach people to help them develop a clear understanding of the requirements relating to Animal Welfare, Food Safety and Quality
- Involve the team by encouragement and motivating to delivery safety excellence and promote risk awareness
- Get involved with safety, follow the safety rules, speak up and be mindful of risks
- Drive improvement in the performance standards for uniformity of the flock, point of lay cost (POLC), health and animal welfare (up to 20 weeks)
- Conduct post mortems and report findings to Tech Team
- Record and monitor weekly husbandry parameters
- Coach and develop the farm team to ensure they have the capability to meet the performance goals
- Reduce turnover and ensure labour cost base is the most productive, efficient and cost competitive for the industry
- Manage, monitor and keep within flock budgets.
You will bring to this role
- A good understanding of modern farming methods, a commitment to animal welfare and an interest in, and understanding of, the ways in which farming impacts the environment
- Ability to undertake all sorts of practical, sometimes repetitive jobs
- Experience leading teams in the managers absence
- IT skills are essential, alongside the capability to monitoring compliance with policies and procedures
- Experience in safe farm maintenance, mechanical applications & and operation of farm machinery/equipment
- A background in coaching and developing high-performing people
- Good level of fitness to undertake manual tasks
- Working with a culturally diverse team
- Full driving license
- A degree is greatly valued in agriculture or a related subject such as: Animal Science, Rural Science, Crop Management, and Horticulture.
Due to quarantine restrictions, we cannot accept applications from the following:
- If you regularly come into contact with pigs or birds
- If anyone living in the same residence as you, works in other poultry or pig operations
We’re looking for people who are curious, caring, courageous, and committed to join us. People who want to contribute their best work every single day and continue delivering delicious food that’s… Always Good.