Live Bird Handler | Casual Process Worker | Bolivar
Bolivar, South Australia
LIVE BIRD HANDLER
Purpose of the role
Ingham’s is a fast-paced stable company that offers a diverse working environment and where the safety of our people always comes first. In our Processing division we are hard-working team players and problem solvers who are passionate about improving efficiencies and delivering the highest quality product to our customers.
Hours of work
We are looking for people who are flexible to cover various shifts and weekend work as and when the need arises in order to support the team. We are looking for people to cover AM and PM shifts.
- Providing prayers at the commencement of the processing cycle
- Gripping and hanging chicken in a repetitive manner
- Specialised tasks including washing, eviscerating, and trimming
- Ensuring livestock is treated humanely by self and others
- Working in a consistent moving line to keep up with the production flow
- Achieving Ingham’s key performing indicators
- Embracing Ingham’s values in daily interactions with colleagues and customers
- Comfortable working in a dark and humid environment
- Ability to work with live birds
- Be physically fit and extremely reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure – Ability to respond calmly and methodically when faced with obstacles
- Capability to perform repetitious tasks efficiently, correctly and systematically in accordance with policies and standards
- Ability to understand, correctly interpret and follow instructions, procedures and information
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment
- To be able to successfully communicate written and verbally
- A record showing work commitment, reliability and motivation
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transport
- Good level of fitness are required as you will manually handle up to 5kg- 15kg
Due to quarantine restrictions, we cannot accept applications from the following:
- If you regularly come into contact with pigs or birds
- If have anyone living in the same residence as you, work in other poultry or pig operations
Please note: All employees assigned to a role handling live birds must have had or be prepared to have a recent flu vaccination, and be able to provide evidence of this, in order to protect the health and safety of our employees from the adverse effects of an outbreak of avian influenza. If you are unable to comply with this, please let the recruiter know if you are invited to interview.
Prosper, grow and develop with us!
There’s plenty of opportunities for personal growth and to develop professional skills. As flexible team players, we are constantly adapting to change and innovating to lead positive change in our expanding industry. You’ll enjoy a range of other benefits including competitive pay, product discounts and working in a friendly team.
What to expect during our recruitment process:
Step 1. Application form:
The application can be completed online either on a computer or via a smartphone
Step 2: Interview onsite:
An opportunity for you to see the environment you will be working in and meet some of our team
Step 3: Background checks:
This includes: references, drug & alcohol testing and a medical examination
Step 4: Offer paperwork:
The offer paperwork can be completed online either on a computer or via a smartphone
Job Type: Casual
Submit an application for this role
You have successfully submitted your application.
If your submission is successful we will be in touch with you shortly!Back to jobs