Live Bird Handler
Live Bird Handler
Purpose of the role
Ingham’s is a fast-paced stable company that offers a diverse working environment, where the safety of our people always comes first. In our Processing division we are hard-working team players and problem solvers who are passionate about improving efficiencies and delivering the highest quality product to our customers.
- Gripping and hanging chicken in a repetitive manner
- Specialised tasks including washing, eviscerating, and trimming chicken carcasses
- Ensuring livestock is treated humanely by self and others
- Working in a consistent moving line to keep up with the production flow
- Achieving Ingham’s key performing indicators
- Embracing Ingham’s values in daily interactions with colleagues and customers
- Comfortable working in a dark and humid environment
- Ability to work with live birds
- Be physically fit and extremely reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Flexible to work early morning shifts
Due to quarantine restrictions, we cannot accept applications from the following:
- If you regularly come into contact with pigs or birds
- If have anyone living in the same residence as you, work in other poultry or pig operations
Please note: All employees assigned to a role handling live birds must have had or be prepared to have a recent flu vaccination, and be able to provide evidence of this, in order to protect the health and safety of our employees from the adverse effects of an outbreak of avian influenza. If you are unable to comply with this, please let the recruiter know if you are invited to interview.
Prosper, grow and develop with us!
There’s plenty of opportunities for personal growth and to develop professional skills. As flexible team players, we are constantly adapting to change and innovating to lead positive change in our expanding industry. You’ll enjoy a range of other benefits including competitive pay, product discounts and working in a high performing friendly team.
What to expect during our recruitment process:
Step 1. Video interview:
- You will receive a separate email invitation with access to the online interview from our partner Sonru
- Our video interview process should only take you about 15 minutes to complete
- We know it might seem a little different but don’t be nervous. Our key aim is for you to show the hiring manager a little more about yourself and we think video is a great way to do so
Step 2. Application form:
The application can be completed online either on a computer or via a smartphone
Step 3: Background checks:
This includes: references, drug & alcohol testing and a medical examination
Step 4: Offer paperwork:
The offer paperwork can be completed online either on a computer or via a smartphone
Submit an application for this role
You have successfully submitted your application.
If your submission is successful we will be in touch with you shortly!Back to jobs