Legal Counsel and Assistant Company Secretary
North Ryde, New South Wales
Join us as our Legal Counsel and Assistant Company Secretary reporting into the Group General Counsel and Company Secretary and you will experience working for a business that offers many challenges and opportunities.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to accelerate their career as an in-house legal counsel and company secretary. This is a hands-on role working directly with the Group General Counsel and Company Secretary, to provide support to our Board and Senior Management by providing company secretarial services and legal advice across all areas of the business.
This role is based in our corporate office in North Ryde which offers a contemporary environment with light-filled open-plan offices.
Assistant Company Secretary Accountabilities
- Assisting the Group General Counsel and Company Secretary with company secretarial responsibilities for the Ingham’s Group.
- Coordination and ensuring efficient conduct of all Board and Committee meetings including issuing of calendar invitations, preparing agendas, liaising with directors and the business and compiling and distributing papers, drafting minutes and resolutions.
- Management of compliance with all statutory reporting, governance, ASX and ASIC requirements in a timely manner including maintenance of corporate registers.
- Assist with preparation of half year and annual reporting documentation including Annual Report, Corporate Governance Statement, Directors’ Report and Remuneration Report.
- Implementation of policies and procedures, including providing training.
Legal Counsel Accountabilities
- Providing legal support and managing external counsel in connection with all aspects of the business including corporations law, governance and ASX requirements, commercial law and contracts, competition law, property, trademarks and IP, M&A, disputes and litigation.
- Managing and maintaining relationships with external law firms.
- Outstanding Company Secretarial and Legal skills and experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Corporations Act, ASX listing rules, ASX Corporate Governance Principles and relevant regulations relating to corporate governance, company secretarial duties in an ASX listed environment
- At least 6 years post qualification legal experience
- Previous experience working for an ASX Listed Company in a company secretarial role and as an in-house legal counsel
- First rate customer service and pro-active relationship management style
- University qualifications in governance and/or law
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and able to build strong purposeful relationships both internally with the business and with external partners.
Prosper, grow and develop with us!
There’s plenty of opportunities for personal growth and to develop professional skills. As flexible team players, we are constantly adapting to change and innovating to lead positive change in our expanding industry. You’ll enjoy a range of other benefits including competitive pay and working in a high performing friendly team.
What to expect during our recruitment process:
Step 1. Video interview:
- You will receive a separate email invitation with access to the online interview from our partner Sonru
- Our video interview process should only take you about 15 minutes to complete
- We know it might seem a little different but don’t be nervous. Our key aim is for you to show a little more about yourself and we think video is a great way to do so
Step 2: Interview onsite:
- An opportunity for you to see the environment you will be working in and meet some of our team
Step 3: Background checks:
- This includes: references, drug & alcohol testing and a medical examination
Step 4: Offer paperwork:
- The offer paperwork can be completed online either on a computer or via a smartphone
Submit an application for this role
You have successfully submitted your application.
If your submission is successful we will be in touch with you shortly!Back to jobs