Hanging Bay Operators
Waitoa, North Island
We proudly employ approximately 1200 people in all aspects of poultry production across New Zealand. We are a fully integrated farming, primary and further processing poultry production business focused on quality and safety. At Ingham’s we are continually striving for business excellence and innovative growth initiatives whilst maintaining the traditional Ingham’s values.
Ingham’s is a fast-paced stable company that offers a diverse working environment and where the safety of our people always comes first. In our Processing division we are hard-working team players and problem solvers who are passionate about improving efficiencies and delivering the highest quality product to our customers.
Hours of work:
This advert is specifically aimed at recruiting candidates for the day shift Hanging Bay DAY- (4.15am – 12.45pm) and AFTERNOON (12:45pm – 9:15pm). We are looking for people who are able to work a continuous day shift in hot and humid or wet conditions!
Probationary payrate is:
$20.42 ph (all allowances inclusive) for Hanging Bay team members and
After probationary rate is:
$21.61 ph (all allowances inclusive) for Hanging Bay team members and
Ingham’s also provides additional service allowances from 6 months – You will get 3 pay rate increases within your first year!
About the role:
- Gripping and hanging chickens in a repetitive manner (Hanging Bay)
- Working in a consistent moving line to keep up with the production flow
- Completing manual handling duties -lifting, pulling, pushing, bending and reaching
- Being an active, respectful team member that is reliable and honours work commitments
- Get involved with safety, follow the safety rules, speak up and be mindful of risks
- Cleaning duties and maintaining a clean work space
- Identifying and escalating Animal Welfare, Food Safety & Quality issues, hazards and risks.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure livestock is treated humanely by self and others
- Comfortable working in a dark and humid environment
- Ability to work with live birds (Hanging Bay)
- Be physically fit as you will manually handle up to 5kg- 15kg
- Capability to perform repetitious tasks efficiently, correctly and systematically in accordance with policies and standards
- Ability to understand, correctly interpret and follow instructions, procedures and information
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment
- To be able to successfully communicate written and verbally
- A record showing work commitment, reliability and motivation
- Ability to respond calmly and methodically when faced with obstacles and work well under pressure
- Good level of fitness are required as you will manually handle up to 5kg- 15kg
What’s in it for you?
- Great starting rate with rate increases as you progress in training,
- Staff benefits package
- Staff sales of Ingham’s products at great prices!
- Close proximity to Te Aroha, Morrinsville, Waharoa and Matamata
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your application and include a copy of your CV. All applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand. Applications without a CV attached will not be accepted.
Submit an application for this role
You have successfully submitted your application.
If your submission is successful we will be in touch with you shortly!Back to jobs