We’ve been proudly bringing joy to tables and smiles to faces with the delicious food we’ve been crafting for over 100 years.
A large part of our strong growth and success is because we’re always looking for new ways to do things and thinking about how we can create a better, more sustainable future world together.
Our success as an industry leader in providing deliciously good food means we can continue to invest in our future as we work towards becoming Australia and New Zealand’s first choice for poultry.
Purpose of the role
Ingham’s is a fast-paced stable company that offers a diverse working environment and where the safety of our people always comes first. In our Processing division we are hard-working team players and problem solvers who are passionate about improving efficiencies and delivering the highest quality product to our customers. At our Tahmoor site we are looking for Halal Slaughterperson to join our Turkey processing facility.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure livestock is treated humanely by self and others
- Processing and inspecting raw materials safely and systematically, according to quality specification
- Tending allocated assembly lines, performing processing tasks efficiently and working to meet individual and group targets
- Completing manual handling duties -lifting, pulling, pushing, bending and reaching
- Being an active, respectful team member that is reliable and honours work commitments
- Get involved with safety, follow the safety rules, speak up and be mindful of risks
- Cleaning duties and maintaining a clean work space
- Storing and maintaining materials, equipment and tools
- Identifying and escalating Animal Welfare, Food Safety & Quality issues, hazards and risks.
- Halal Qualified (We can facilitate this if required through ANIC)
- Capability to perform repetitious tasks efficiently, correctly and systematically in accordance with policies and standards
- Ability to understand, correctly interpret and follow instructions, procedures and information
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment
- To be able to successfully communicate written and verbally
- A record showing work commitment, reliability and motivation
- Ability to respond calmly and methodically when faced with obstacles
- Good level of fitness is required as you will manually handle up to 5kg- 15kg
We’re looking for people who are curious, caring, courageous and committed to join us. People who want to contribute their best work every single day and continue delivering delicious food that’s… Always Good.