Casino, New South Wales
Purpose of the role
You will experience colleagues who are supportive and will readily share their knowledge and experience with you. With autonomy and accountability our people are problem-solvers, who appreciate being hands-on. Enjoy fulfilling your passion to deliver sustainable and ethical produce to the heart of Australian tables, backed by the support and resources of the market leader.
Hours of work
We are looking for people who are flexible to cover various shifts and weekend work as and when the need arises in order to support the team.
- Ensure all livestock is treated humanely, and in compliance with Ingham’s Minimum Standard Procedures
- Processing and inspecting eggs and chicken safely and systematically, according to quality specification
- Completing manual handling duties -lifting, pulling, pushing, bending and reaching
- Being an active, respectful team member that is reliable and honours work commitments
- Get involved with safety, follow the safety rules, speak up and be mindful of risks
- Cleaning duties and maintaining a clean work space
- Storing and maintaining materials, equipment and tools
- Identifying and escalating Animal Welfare, Food Safety & Quality issues, hazards and risks.
- Capability to perform repetitious tasks efficiently, correctly and systematically in accordance with policies and standards
- Ability to understand, correctly interpret and follow instructions, procedures and information
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment
- To be able to successfully communicate written and verbally
- A record showing work commitment, reliability and motivation
- Ability to respond calmly and methodically when faced with obstacles
- Good level of fitness are required as you will manually handle up to 5kg- 15kg
Due to quarantine restrictions, we cannot accept applications from the following:
- If you regularly come into contact with pigs or birds
- If have anyone living in the same residence as you, work in other poultry or pig operations
What to expect during our recruitment process:
Step 1. Video interview:
- If you are shortlisted, you will receive a separate email invitation with access to the online interview from our partner Sonru
- Our video interview process should only take you about 15 minutes to complete
- We know it might seem a little different but don’t be nervous. Our key aim is for you to show the hiring manager a little more about yourself and we think video is a great way to do so
Step 2. Application form:
The application can be completed online either on a computer or via a smartphone. This must be returned before your application can be progressed,
Step 3: Interview onsite:
An opportunity for you to see the environment you will be working in and meet some of our team
Step 4: Background checks:
This includes: references, drug & alcohol testing and a medical examination
Step 5: Offer paperwork:
The offer paperwork can be completed online either on a computer or via a smartphone
Prosper, grow and develop with us!
There’s plenty of opportunities for personal growth and to develop professional skills. As flexible team players, we are constantly adapting to change and innovating to lead positive change in our expanding industry. You’ll enjoy a range of other benefits including competitive pay and working in a friendly team.
Submit an application for this role
You have successfully submitted your application.
If your submission is successful we will be in touch with you shortly!Back to jobs