When you join Ingham’s, you become part of a company with a proud Australian & New Zealand history, and one that thrives on growth and innovation. We strive to be the poultry of choice and to deliver deliciously good food in the best way.
At Ingham’s we value our people and hold onto our family history. Our teams are engaged, passionate and curious; committed to thinking big and delivering on ambitious goals. We are fast paced, continuously evolving and offer a diverse working environment where safety always comes first.
We encourage our teams to embrace flexible working so they can meet their work/life commitments; and we seek to create a diverse and inclusive workforce where our teams are empowered to be their authentic selves.
That’s the Ingham’s Way!
Your opportunity to join us at Somerville.
As the Engineering Manager, you are responsible for leading the engineering and maintenance function. Your role is to deliver improvements across maintenance performance and unplanned downtime whilst managing and implementing overall capital for the site.
- Lead the engineering team to ensure effective operation of the site to maximise efficiency and performance
- Ensure the implementation of safety and quality assurance practices into all repairs and maintenance activities and manage corrective actions in a timely manner
- Drive Ingham’s way asset management standards through implantation of robust maintenance standards
- Manage planned and breakdown maintenance activities to reduce downtime through the use of maintenance plans, robust performance measurement tools and ongoing improvement plans
- Develop, monitor and implement annual and 5-year capital plans for the replacement of end of life assets and improvement in plant reliability and performance
- Manage, monitor and control expenditure within budgetary constraints, forecast capital expenditure and cashflow and seek approval for all out of scope spend
- Establish, communicate and monitor safety standards and lead corrective action in areas of risk
- Leads others through coaching, delegation and recognition
- Manage functional area accountability and delivery of functional results and standards
- Ensure Ingham’s standards are communicated and met including animal welfare, work health and safety, quality and quarantine
- Implement strategies to identify people issues, reduce staff turnover and ensure labour cost base is the most productive, efficient and cost competitive for the industry
- Design and establish procedures, processes and systems relating to animal welfare, food safety and quality complying with Ingham’s minimum standard procedures
We’re interested in people who can bring
- Experience in successfully leading a large engineering and maintenance team
- Exposure to site services in ammonia refrigeration, compressed air, gas fired boilers and water heaters, advanced wastewater and trade waste treatment
- Demonstrated implementation in any of the following, TPM, LEAN/Six Sigma and CMMS
- Proven ability to develop and implement successful maintenance practices and performance
- Implementing cultural change through leadership, engagement and performance management
- Working knowledge of best practice maintenance management & systems
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships and influence senior stakeholders internal and external to the organisation
- Strong people leadership capability with the ability adapt to achieve desired objectives
- Ability to coach and develop others, monitor and measure performance and provide direct feedback
- Capability to challenge self and others whilst taking responsibility and accountability for decisions
- Proven ability to develop and execute short- and long-term strategies while upholding high standards for self and others
- Discounted product
- Superannuation continuance during unpaid parental leave
- Development profiles and Internal leadership courses to support your growth
- Discounts through our partners including organisation such as Flight Centre, Booktopia, Event Cinema & Red Balloon
With us you can pursue your passion, grow your career and contribute to a business that delivers great experiences for our customers and consumer’s. You will form part of our hard working and high performing teams, in an organisation that offer stability and care.
Hatch your career with us – apply today!
In line with Ingham’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy all employees must be fully vaccinated to ensure the safety of our people and customers. Prior to commencing employment, you will need to provide Evidence of Vaccination or proof of a valid medical exemption.