Distribution Centre Manager - Truganina
When you join Ingham’s, you become part of a company with a proud Australian & New Zealand history, and one that thrives on growth and innovation. We strive to be the poultry of choice and to deliver deliciously good food in the best way.
At Ingham’s we value our people and hold onto our family history. Our teams are engaged, passionate and curious; committed to thinking big and delivering on ambitious goals. We are fast paced, continuously evolving and offer a diverse working environment where safety always comes first.
We encourage our teams to embrace flexible working so they can meet their work/life commitments; and we seek to create a diverse and inclusive workforce where our teams are empowered to be their authentic selves.
That’s the Ingham’s Way!
Your opportunity to join us!!
As an Ingham’s Distribution Manager, you will engage and lead your team to drive performance in the achievement of established goals. Partnering with a range of internal and external stakeholders, you will build and manage relationships to influence key business outcomes for your site. As a leader within the business, you will play an instrumental role in creating and implementing processes and procedures, driving best practice and continuous improvement initiatives to maximise efficiencies and improve operational performance.
We are looking for a Manager who can be hands on and lead a team of 6 direct reports. You may have had experience in transitioning a site as we are moving from Lyndhurst to Truganina in the next 6 months. You have a passion for looking at the big picture and taking others on board the Ingham’s journey. This is not a 9-5 role but one where you take responsibility for the outcome of the site and put a mark on a brand-new facility.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the operational setup of the Distribution Centre in accordance with set Quality, WHS and performance standards
- Lead your team to exceed agreed budgetary and service level standards
- Engage, lead, motivate and develop your team through effective people management strategies ensuring capability of people to achieve individual, team and overall site objectives
- Develop and implement supply and logistics strategies, plans and projects to achieve overall business objectives
- Holistic operational management of the site, including core supply and logistics functions such as business planning, contracting, inventory management, storage and transport management system
- Identify, drive and embed continuous improvement initiatives and operational efficiency programmes
- Partner with key external stakeholders to ultimately enhance customer satisfaction
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure that relevant policies and procedures are clearly defined, communicated and effective
- Partner with planning team to discuss and determine demand, supply and labour requirements
- Building a high performance team from scratch and setting up and optimising operations in a brand new purpose built suite.
- Experience in managing warehouse and distribution centres with a proven track record of achieving positive operational outcomes
- Experience in closing and setting up new Warehouse/Distribution Centre facilities or transitioned sites
- Have demonstrated knowledge of being hands on it a prior role
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain logistics within an FMCG environment including demonstrable understanding of Cold Chain Operations, Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP
- Proven track record of driving continuous improvement initiatives including knowledge of 5S, Total Productive Manufacturing, LEAN/Six Sigma
- Strong people leadership and engagement skills with the ability to build a collaborative working environment
- Strong analytical skills with effective P&L and budget management skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate cross functionally to build strong relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic business environment
- Resilient and able to recover from setbacks
- Additional experience working in a production environment will be advantageous
- Be a part of a supportive/collaborative team culture
- Potential for career growth and progression
- Stable company
- Flexibility to factor in transition of sites
With us you can pursue your passion, grow your career and contribute to a business that delivers great experiences for our customers and consumer’s. You will form part of our hard working and high performing teams, in an organisation that offer stability and care.
Hatch your career with us – apply today!
In line with Ingham’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy all employees must be fully vaccinated to ensure the safety of our people and customers. Prior to commencing employment, you will need to provide Evidence of Vaccination or proof of a valid medical exemption.
Submit an application for this role
You have successfully submitted your application.
If your submission is successful we will be in touch with you shortly!Back to jobs