When you join Ingham’s, you become part of a company with a proud Australian & New Zealand history, and one that thrives on growth and innovation. We strive to be the poultry of choice and to deliver deliciously good food in the best way.
At Ingham’s we value our people and hold onto our family history. You can enjoy working in a stable company where the safety of our people always comes first. With competitive pay, and a friendly, family-like culture, you will experience a fast paced and diverse working environment.
That’s the Ingham’s Way!
Your opportunity to join us
This role is responsible for supporting the Farm Manager with effectively undertaking in all aspects of the day-to-day operations and the management of all activities in the Farm Manager’s absence. Grow in your career while working in a stable company where the safety of our people always comes first. With competitive pay, and a friendly, family-like culture, you will experience a fast-paced and diverse working environment.
This role is working a rotating shift pattern. We are looking for people who are flexible to cover various shifts and weekends work as and when the need arises in order to support the team.
On the job training provided
- Onsite Parking
- Great employee benefits including: product discounts, novated leasing, travel discounts + more!
- Opportunity to be part of a growing team with career development opportunities
- ASX listed company through Australia and NZ.
- The health, safety and wellbeing of our people is our highest priority
- Support the Farm Manager with all aspects of running the farm and the achievement of production standards for volume, cost, growth, health, animal welfare and feed conversion.
- Support the Farm Manager by leading, managing, and developing the team to ensure they have the capability to meet the performance goals.
- Provide leadership to the team on poultry and animal welfare requirements.
- Ensure all livestock is treated humanely, and in compliance with Ingham’s Minimum Standard Procedures.
- Management of all activities in the Farm Manager’s absence.
- Cleaning duties, storing and maintaining materials, equipment and tools.
- Identifying and escalating Animal Welfare, Food Safety and Quality issues, hazards and risks.
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in leading, managing, coaching and motivating a team.
- Prior experience working in farming operations in the poultry industry or similar preferred.
- Computer skills with proficiency in the use of the Microsoft suite.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organize work demands and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work outside in all weathers as well as attending to office duties.
- Demonstrated understanding and exposure to both Biosecurity and Animal Welfare principles.
- The patience to undertake a hands-one role with all sorts of practical, sometimes repetitive jobs.
- Good level of fitness are required as you will manually handle up to 5kg- 15kg.
With us you can pursue your passion, grow your career and contribute to a business that delivers great experiences for our customers and consumer’s.
Hatch your career with us – apply today!
Please note, due to quarantine restrictions we are unable to accept applications from people who regularly come into contact with pigs or birds OR have anyone living in the same residence as you, work in other poultry or pig operations.
In line with Ingham’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy all employees must be fully vaccinated to ensure the safety of our people and customers. Prior to commencing employment, you will need to provide Evidence of Vaccination or proof of a valid medical exemption.