Assistant Farm Manager | Yumali
Coonalpyn, South Australia
Purpose of the role
This role is responsible for supporting the Farm Manager with effectively undertaking all aspects of the day to day operations and the management of all activities in the Farm Manager’s absence. Includes supporting the achievement of production standards, staff supervision and training and ensuring compliance with strict biosecurity and health and safety guidelines.
Hours of work
This role is working a rotating shift pattern. We are looking for people who are flexible to cover various shifts and weekend work as and when the need arises in order to support the team.
- Support the Farm Manager with all aspects of running the farm and the achievement of production standards for volume, cost, growth, health, animal welfare and feed conversion
- Support the Farm Manager by leading, managing, and developing the team to ensure they have the capability to meet the performance goals
- Provide leadership to the team on poultry and animal welfare requirements
- Ensure all livestock is treated humanely, and in compliance with Ingham’s Minimum Standard Procedures
- Management of all activities in the Farm Manager’s absence
- Cleaning duties, storing and maintaining materials, equipment and tools
- Identifying and escalating Animal Welfare, Food Safety and Quality issues, hazards and risks
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in leading, managing, coaching and motivating a team
- Prior experience working in farming operations in the poultry industry or similar
- Computer skills with proficiency in the use of the Microsoft suite
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organize work demands and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work outside in all weathers as well as attending to office duties
- Demonstrated understanding and exposure to both Biosecurity and Animal Welfare principles
- The patience to undertake a hands-one role with all sorts of practical, sometimes repetitive jobs
- Good level of fitness are required as you will manually handle up to 5kg- 15kg
Due to quarantine restrictions, we cannot accept applications from the following:
- If you regularly come into contact with pigs or birds
- If have anyone living in the same residence as you, work in other poultry or pig operations
Prosper, grow and develop with us!
There’s plenty of opportunities for personal growth and to develop professional skills. As flexible team players, we are constantly adapting to change and innovating to lead positive change in our expanding industry. You’ll enjoy a range of other benefits including competitive pay and working in a friendly team.
Submit an application for this role
You have successfully submitted your application.
If your submission is successful we will be in touch with you shortly!Back to jobs