Indulge in the vibrant flavours of our succulent Turkey Koftas, a delectable blend of seasoned turkey and aromatic spices. This enticing dish is an ode to the art of grilling, where tender koftas are carefully threaded onto skewers, creating a visual and tasty masterpiece, the whole family will love.
INGREDIENTS & EQUIPMENT
- 4 metal skewers
- 4 small pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 400g packet Ingham’s Turkey Breast Mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ teaspoons each ground cumin,
- oriander and smoked paprika (See Tip).
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
in a few simple steps
1. To make koftas, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix well.
2. Shape 2 heaped tablespoons of mixture into a sausage shape, then repeat with remaining mixture to make 8 koftas. Thread two koftas onto each skewer.
3. Heat a barbecue grill plate or char-grill pan over high heat. Cook pita breads for about 1 minute on each side or until charred. Remove. Cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Brush koftas with half the oil. Cook on same heated barbecue plate, turning occasionally, for about 6-8 minutes, until browned all over and cooked through. Remove.
5. Meanwhile, combine tomato, cucumber, onion, torn mint, pine nuts, lemon juice and remaining oil in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
6. Combine yoghurt and chopped mint in a bowl.
7. Serve koftas on pita bread with mint yoghurt, salad and lemon wedges.