Tempura Chicken Nuggets Lettuce CupsManu Feildel and daughter Charlee have come to the rescue with their cool twist on a classic dinner option – Tempura Chicken Nugget Lettuce Cups! Not only is it kid-approved, but it’s also healthy and incredibly easy to make. Simply take your favourite Ingham’s chicken nuggets, top with some tasty vermicelli noodles, and throw it all in a lettuce cup… with some sauce of course. Now you have a kid-friendly and delicious dinner that everyone can enjoy. Because everyone loves a bit of adventure with their dinner!
INGREDIENTS & EQUIPMENT
- ½ x 1kg bag frozen Ingham’s Chicken Breast Nuggets Tempura
- 125g dried vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 large carrot, thinly shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- Baby cos lettuce leaves (See Tip), extra hoisin sauce, Japanese kewpie mayonnaise and lime wedges, to serve
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
in a few simple steps
- Preheat the air fryer or oven to 200C (fan-forced).
- Cook Chicken Breast Nuggets according to air-fryer or oven directions on packet.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water, until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar. Shake well.
- Place noodles in a large bowl. Cut into shorter lengths using kitchen scissors. Add carrot, cucumber, capsicum, onions and dressing. Toss to combine.
- To serve, divide noodle mixture among lettuce leaves. Top with nuggets. Dollop with hoisin, drizzle with mayonnaise and serve with lime wedges.