Roast Turkey Buffe with Spiced Honey Glaze
Thinking about what to cook this festive season? Our tender Roast Turkey Buffe With Spiced Honey Glaze hits all the tasting notes. Plus, it’s an easy one to throw together and impress the family. Grab our 3kg frozen Turkey and some other magic ingredients and create a meal that will impress even the toughest critic.
2.5 hours Mins
INGREDIENTS & EQUIPMENT
3kg Ingham’s frozen Turkey Buffé
Sea salt flakes, to taste
Roasted mixed vegetables, to serve
Spiced Honey Glaze
1 star anise
1 cinnamon quill
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
2 teaspoons black peppercorns
2 teaspoons coriander seeds
1¼ cups (310ml) dry white wine
½ cup honey
75g salted butter, melted
1/3 cup orange juice
in a few simple steps
1. Thaw according to instructions on pack.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C (fan-forced).
3. To make glaze, place star anise, cinnamon and cumin, pepper and coriander in a large saucepan. Place over a medium-low heat and cook, stirring for 4-6 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Add wine,honey, butter and juice and stir until melted. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat.
4. Pat Turkey Buffé dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Place upright in an oiled, large roasting pan. Brush half the glaze over the turkey. Season with salt. Add 3/4 cup water to the base of the pan. Loosely cover turkey with a sheet of baking paper, then tightly cover pan with foil.
5. Cook in oven for 55 minutes. Remove and brush with remaining glaze. Re-cover with foil and return to oven. Cook for a further 55 minutes. Remove and discard foil and paper. Brush juices from bottom of the pan over turkey. Return, uncovered to oven.
6. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until dark golden brown and juices run clean when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the breast. Transfer to a serving plate and rest, loosely covered with foil, for 30 minutes.
7. Serve turkey with roasted mixed vegetables.