Asian Cabbage Salad with Chicken Tenders and Dipping Sauces
Whether it’s a mid-week family meal, or the whole neighbourhood is coming over for dinner, our crispy chicken tenders, selection of dipping sauces and this delicious fresh salad, will be sure to please everyone.
INGREDIENTS & EQUIPMENT
- 1kg bag frozen Ingham’s Crumbed Chicken Tenders Original
- ½ wombok cabbage (approx. 1kg), core removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 green spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 5 bulbs radish, trimmed thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Pickled ginger (optional), to serve
- ¼ cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon black and toasted white sesame seeds
in a few simple steps
- Preheat oven to 200C (fan-forced).
- Cook Crumbed Chicken Tenders according to oven directions on packet.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar and shake to combine.
- Layer cabbage, cucumber, onion and radish in a large bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with avocado and ginger. Drizzle with dressing.
- Serve chicken tenders with salad and dipping sauces.
Teriyaki Sauce: Combine ½ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup mirin, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger and 1 crushed garlic clove in a small saucepan. Blend 2 teaspoons cornflour and 2 tablespoons water in a bowl and add to saucepan. Stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 8 minutes, until thickened slightly. Remove and cool. Makes ¾ cup.
French Aioli: Blend 1 small garlic clove, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons honey and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a beaker of a stick blender until garlic is crushed. Add 1 egg and ¾ cup light olive oil and blend until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Makes 1 ⅓ cups.
Japanese Sauce: Combine ⅔ cup kewpie mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 3 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 finely chopped green spring onion and ½ teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Makes ¾ cup.