Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Ingham’s has focused on keeping its people safe.
In an industry first, Ingham’s is now extending its health and wellbeing benefits to include a new Vaccination Leave Policy to cover its people across Australia and New Zealand to increase accessibility to COVID-19 vaccinations.
Ingham’s Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Andrew Reeves, said: “Ingham’s has worked hard to take care of its people through the COVID-19 pandemic, and I am proud that we’re having ongoing conversations to ensure this continues to be our number one priority. In this latest initiative, we decided it was important to support our people and their work-life-balance, which means they can take paid time during their work day and at a time that makes it more convenient and accessible to them than what it might be on a weekend or out of work hours.”
Since the COVID-19 pandemic emerged, Ingham’s has prioritised its support for people’s safety. This has included:
- establishing an Incident Management Team to coordinate our company-wide actions and consultation with governments, health agencies, customers and unions to ensure we met safety standards
- providing additional paid pandemic leave benefits to enable our people – including casuals – to stay home, get tested and stay safe without financial burden
- reconfiguring labour-intense operations to enable physical distancing by installing guarding and implementing enhanced personal protective equipment and high standards of hygiene practices
- providing direction on carpooling to ensure safe travel to and from work
- building temporary on-site facilities, such as lunchrooms, to accommodate physical distancing during breaks
- separating shifts to reduce the number of people at any one time on sites, and
- increasing communication and consultation with employees, including frequent updates on how to stop the spread of COVID-19 via our internal communications app, Workplace.
Ingham’s high safety standards has enabled it to remain an essential service and keep operating throughout the COVID-19 pandemic with job security for its people and nourishing consumers with fresh, convenient and affordable food that is always good.