Australasian poultry producer Ingham’s confirmed today that an ammonia leak was detected at its Bolivar processing facility at Burton in South Australia this morning at around 1:30am.
Primary Processing Director Jonathan Hutchings said that no one was harmed as a result of the incident.
“As a precaution we asked attending emergency services to check on the welfare of our six employees and we are very pleased that no one was harmed in anyway,” he said.
Mr Hutchings said the Bolivar site was attended to by the Metropolitan Fire Service and was cleared for operation and would operate as normal today.
The leak occurred in part of the plant which was undergoing maintenance.
M: + 61 (0) 455 372 311
E: [email protected]
We have sent you an email.Please click on the email to verify your account.