Warehouse and Distribution Supervisor
It’s a great time to join our 8,000 friendly people at Ingham’s – one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest integrated protein producers.
Founded in 1918 as a family business, Ingham’s has a proud history and a bright future. Today, our business is undergoing substantial growth, where every day presents new and exciting opportunities to thrive. It’s particularly exciting times in our Victorian Supply Chain, where we are transitioning into a “Fit for Future” brand new purpose built Distribution Centre with plenty of opportunities to grow and build a life-long career.
With a positive attitude you can pursue your passion, grow your career and contribute to a business that is committed to nourishing our world by being open, honest and collaborative.
Purpose of the role
As our Warehouse and Distribution Supervisors you will lead a group of hard-working team players and problem solvers who are passionate about improving efficiencies and delivering the highest quality product to our customers. You will work in our Victorian Distribution Centre which is a fast-paced warehouse receiving and distributing frozen and short shelf life poultry products. In this role you will experience working in a fast-paced facility which will give you challenges and opportunities to grow your career across a variety of fields. This role will be working on the 8am till 4 pm shift with expectation to provide occasional coverage over weekends and public holidays to meet operational requirements.
This site is currently located in Southeast Melbourne and would transition in 6 months’ time to our new DC in Western Melbourne. For candidates based in Western Melbourne, there will be a Travel allowance paid until we relocate the site.
- Ensure timely delivery of the highest quality product to our customers
- Manage team targets, monitors performance and resolves issues ensuring compliance with Ingham’s Minimum Standard Procedures
- Working collaboratively with primary processing production team, ensuring orders are fulfilled
- Ensure the implementation of safety and quality assurance practices into all production activities and manage corrective actions in a timely manner
- Monitoring and evaluating team performance, developing clear succession plans along with training plans to ensure multi-skilling and ensuring team members comply with all company and legal requirements
- Focus on driving continuous improvement initiatives though a cost reduction agenda, improved efficiencies, with clear communications across all levels
- Assisting with the preparation of the production programs to ensure our customers’ requirements and the economical usage of the company’s resources are met
- Ensuring compliance with the company chain of responsibility (COR) and all other relevant policies, procedures and legislation.
- Excellent analytical skills with the strong capabilities of working with large pieces of data and transforming them into meaningful relevant information
- Experience in handling inventory, cycle counts and stocktake, receiving / dispatch operations
- Passionate about driving continuous improvement initiatives, to improve safety, efficiencies and reliability
- Inclusive in management style, with the capabilities to engage a large team and create a collaborative working environment
- Strong communication and problem solving skills with the ability to communicate cross functionally to build strong relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Proven track record of achieving departmental business plans and productivity agendas
- Implemented and promoted continuous improvement initiatives, familiar with a culture of 5S, TPM, LEAN/Six Sigma
- FMCG or pharmaceutical industry experience would be advantageous
- Tertiary qualified with relevant experience in supervising
Prosper, grow and develop with us!
There’s plenty of opportunities for personal growth and to develop professional skills. As flexible team players, we are constantly adapting to change and innovating to lead positive change in our expanding industry. You’ll enjoy a range of other benefits including competitive pay, product discounts and working in a friendly team.
What to expect during our recruitment process:
Step 1. Video interview:
- You will receive a separate email invitation with access to the online interview from our partner Sonru
- Our video interview process should only take you about 15 minutes to complete
- We know it might seem a little different but don’t be nervous. Our key aim is for you to show the hiring manager a little more about yourself and we think video is a great way to do so
Step 2:Interview onsite:
- An opportunity for you to see the environment you will be working in and meet some of our team
Step 3:Background checks
- This includes: references, drug & alcohol testing and a medical examination
Step 4: Offer paperwork
- The offer paperwork can be completed online either on a computer or via a smartphone.
Submit an application for this role
You have successfully submitted your application.
If your submission is successful we will be in touch with you shortly!Back to jobs