Quality Assurance Officer
Waitoa, North Island
Ingham’s proudly employs approximately 1200 people in all aspects of poultry production across New Zealand. We are a fully integrated farming, primary and further processing poultry production business focused on quality and safety. At Ingham’s we are continually striving for business excellence and innovative growth initiatives whilst maintaining the traditional Ingham’s values.
As a Quality Assurance Officer, your role will be involved in ensuring that the Company’s quality standards are being met during the raw material receival, inspection, mixing, preparation, processing, chilling, storage and distribution operations. With many moving parts, this role will see you interacting with all departments within the business in order to uphold the high Quality standards at Ingham’s. Other responsibilities include;
- Monitor and report on raw material regarding temperature, age, organoleptic quality, packaging integrity, foreign contamination, weight and conformance.
- Monitor finished product packaging operations to ensure compliance to product specification.
- Monitor and report on animal welfare to ensure compliance to company standards
- Complete internal auditing
- Monitor HACCP and CCP’s compliance
- Assist with root cause analysis, determination of corrective actions and follow up of implementation
- Assist with review of documentation
To be successful in this role:
- You will have a tertiary qualification preferably in food science or an equivalent field
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have knowledge of FMCG and HACCP
- You will have excellent numeracy, literacy and computer skills
- Be a team player with excellent influencing skills
This role is a busy but rewarding one, so having excellent attention to detail and time management will be essential.
- You will receive extensive training and will be a part of a well-recognised Australasian company moving from strength to strength.
- You will be joining a motivated and driven team.
- You will receive staff discount on product ranges produced by Ingham’s
Submit an application for this role
You have successfully submitted your application.
If your submission is successful we will be in touch with you shortly!Back to jobs