We’ve been proudly bringing joy to tables and smiles to faces with the delicious food we’ve been crafting for over 100 years.
A large part of our strong growth and success is because we’re always looking for new ways to do things and thinking about how we can create a better, more sustainable future world together.
Our success as an industry leader in providing deliciously good food means we can continue to invest in our future as we work towards becoming Australia and New Zealand’s first choice for poultry.
Your opportunity to join our team
This role is responsible for supporting the Farm Manager with effectively undertaking all aspects of the day-to-day operations and the management of all activities in the Farm Manager’s absence. Includes supporting the achievement of production standards, staff supervision and training, and ensuring compliance with strict biosecurity and health and safety guidelines.
Hours of work
The Assistant Farm Manager will be required to work a rolling 7-day roster that can include weekends and public holidays. Your working hours will generally be an eight-hour shift between 6 am and 5 pm
- Onsite Parking
- Great employee benefits including product discounts, travel discounts + more!
- Great job security with an ASX-listed and stable company
- The health, safety, and wellbeing of our people is our highest priority
- Fast-paced and team-focused environment
- Consistent hours provided weekly
- Responsible for all activities when the Breeder Farm Manager is not on site
- Ensure all livestock is treated humanely, and in compliance with Ingham’s Minimum Standard Procedures
- Coach and develop the farm team to ensure they have the capability to meet the performance goals
- Completing manual handling duties -lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, and reaching
- Bookkeeping duties – Recording daily production figures
- Being an active, respectful team member that is reliable and honours work commitments
- Involve the team by encouraging and motivating to deliver safety excellence and promote risk awareness
- Cleaning duties and maintaining a clean workspace
- Storing and maintaining materials, equipment, and tools
- Identifying and escalating Animal Welfare, Food Safety & Quality issues, hazards, and risks.
You will bring to this role
- Capability to perform repetitious tasks efficiently, correctly, and systematically in accordance with policies and standards
- IT skills are essential alongside the capability to analyze operational reports, monitoring compliance with policies and procedures
- Ability to understand, correctly interpret and follow instructions, procedures and information
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment
- To be able to successfully communicate written and verbally
- A record showing work commitment, reliability and motivation
- Ability to respond calmly and methodically when faced with obstacles
- Good level of fitness are required as you will manually handle up to 5kg- 15kg
We’re looking for people who are curious, caring, courageous and committed to join us. People who want to contribute their best work every single day and continue delivering delicious food that’s… Always Good.