Tray baked chicken with baby potatoes, rosemary, lemon and olives
15 minutes MINUTES
60 minutes MINUTES
- 1 kg baby potatoes, (larger ones cut in half)
- 1 red onion, peeled cut into segments
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 6 rashers bacon, cut into strips
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 Ingham’s whole chicken cut in to 4 pieces
- 3 tbsps. olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Rosemary sprigs plus extra to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place potatoes in a roasting tin and scatter over the onion, olives, lemon, bacon, bay leaves and rosemary.
- Stir the tomato paste and balsamic vinegar into the chicken stock, then pour over the potatoes
- Place chicken pieces on top and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 50 minutes until chicken is golden.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a warm plate and cover with foil.
- Increase the oven setting to 210C and return the roasting tin to the oven for 10 minutes or until the potatoes, onion and lemon slices are well coloured.
- Place the chicken back on top of the potatoes, scatter over some extra rosemary sprigs and serve.
Stuck for dinner ideas?
Jump on your mobile and shake your phone to find out
'What's for Dinner!'
Share Your #inghamsrecipes
Post your favourite recipe on instagram and use #inghamsrecipes to feature in our community recipes!
Don’t know what you’re cooking the family for tonights dinner? Easy.
Check it out!