Chicken mushroom pot pie
- 500g Ingham’s fresh diced chicken breast
- 50g Butter
- 200g Mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- ¼b Parsley, chopped
- 2 sheets Puff pastry, place pastry sheets on top of each other and cut to a size, depending on your pie dish.
- 250ml Béchamel sauce
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Pre heat oven to 200c.
- Heat fry pan, add butter and melt, add Ingham’s fresh diced chicken breast, season and sauté until cooked then remove chicken from pan and place in to your pie dish.
- Place pan back on to the stove, add sliced mushrooms, sauté gently until cooked then add to chicken and set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle with parsley, spoon over the béchamel sauce and stir.
- Cover pie dish with pastry, crimping the edges and using the pastry off cuts for decoration.
- In a small bowl combine egg and milk.
- Brush the top of the pie with egg wash and with a sharp knife cut a small cross into the centre to act as an air vent.
- Place in the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes or until pastry is golden and pie is hot in the centre.
- Serve with peas, mashed potato or a fresh side salad.
Stuck for dinner ideas?
Jump on your mobile and shake your phone to find out
'What's for Dinner!'
Share Your #inghamsrecipes
Post your favourite recipe on instagram and use #inghamsrecipes to feature in our community recipes!
Don’t know what you’re cooking the family for tonights dinner? Easy.
Check it out!