Our History

Our business started in 1918 when Walter Ingham bought a piece of bushland in Sydney’s south-west, a rooster and six hens for his son also known as Walter.

When Walter passed away in the 1950’s, the small business was handed down to his sons, Jack and Bob. Over the following 60 years, Jack and Bob Ingham built Inghams Enterprises into a poultry empire, feeding millions of Australians each year.

Ingham’s entered New Zealand in 1990 with the acquisition of Harvey Farms. Over the past 25 years, Ingham’s New Zealand operations have expanded to become the country’s second largest poultry company.

In 2003, Jack and Bob received the Order of Australia for services to the poultry industry, pioneers in research, development and establishing world’s best practice standards in the thoroughbred horse racing industry.

Jack Ingham passed away on 5 August 2003 and after 80 years of family ownership, Bob Ingham sold the business in June 2013. Ingham’s, under its new owners, continues to offer great meals at the Heart of Tables across Australia and New Zealand.

Today Ingham’s is Australia and New Zealand’s largest integrated poultry producer, processing over 4 million birds per week, with a workforce of more than 8000 strong.

 

FEEDING AUSTRALIANS SINCE 1918

Learn about our corporate philosophy.

FIND OUT MORE

 

Don’t know what you’re cooking the family for tonights dinner? Easy.
Check it out!